An antivirus is software that is dedicated to detecting, blocking and removing malicious programs ( computer viruses ) that infect operating systems with their malicious code ( malware ).
There are different ways to detect a virus. Some of these mechanisms are:
- Digital Signature: comparing unique marks in the code that makes them unique.
- Behavioral detection: post-infection measurement
- Heuristic detection: comparing patterns commonly used in malware.
- Sandbox: Execute in virtual machines and observe for abnormal behavior.
Planning a contingency method for threats.
- To possess only the software strictly necessary for our purpose.
- Adapt antivirus software to the environment and features you will face.
- Rapid response to threat.
- Use software recommended by your security level.
- Network resources in read-only mode.
- Centralize data.
- Keep a close eye on the permits.
- Monitor network access.
- Active antivirus license.
- Filter content and access points.
- Centralize resources and make backups.
- Use different types of operating systems within the circuit that forms the system of an organization.